Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Creamy Pumpkin Pie

With Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, I start thinking about the sweets!  I love a pie!  It doesn't matter what kind.  My Grandma makes the best pies ever!  But since I won't be going home for Thanksgiving I decided I better try to make some on my own.  First up: Pumpkin Pie!

This recipe came from a page out of my Woman's Day or Parenting Magazine.  I can't remember which, but I am glad I saved it.  It was so good and I will be making again at Thanksgiving!

Ingredients:
1 can pumpkin (15oz)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
2 eggs
1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (I didn't have this so I used a mixture of cinnamon and nutmeg)
1 pie crust (I used Pillsbury Pie Crust that comes 2 in a box.)

*Mix all ingredients together and pour into pie crust.  Bake in a preheated oven at 425 for 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 and bake 40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool completely on wire rack.  Top with whipped cream or cool whip.  Makes 8 servings*




No comments:

Post a Comment