Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hamburger Macaroni Casserole

This was a childhood favorite of mine that my Mom used to make.  A couple of years ago I asked her for the recipe but she couldn't find the exact recipe so I just took a wild guess.  It didn't turn out that great and I haven't tried to make it again.  Then Pinterest comes along and what do I find....this awesome recipe!  And even better, it taste just like what I remember my Moms tasting like.



Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger
1/2 onion chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
1 large can of tomato sauce
1 box of Rigatoni noodles

1- Cook hamburger with onions and garlic.
2- Add tomato sauce in with hamburger.
3- Cook noodles; drain.
4- Mix noodles in with hamburger and sauce.
5- Pour mixture into baking dish
6- Bake in preheated oven at 350 for about 30 minutes until cheese starts to bubble.  If you want a crispy crunch on top, turn the broiler on for about 3-5 minutes after the timer goes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment