Thursday, December 20, 2012

Banana Bread

I don't usually make banana bread because between my daughter and husband, they usually get eaten.  But we had about 4 bananas that were way to ripe to eat, so I gave it a shot.  I have the cook book Better Homes and Garden 14th Edition and LOVE it!  I think my Mom or Grandma gave it to me one Christmas and I use it a lot!  This is the best banana bread I have had or ever made.



Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (I omitted)

1- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease bottom and sides of one 9x5x3 or two 7 1/2x3 1/2x2 inch loaf pans. I used a 9x5x3.
2- In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
3- In medium bowl combine eggs, banana, sugar and butter.  Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir to mix and mixture should be lumpy.
4-Pour in baking dish and bake for 55 to 60 minutes for a 9x5x3 or 40 to 45 minutes for a 7 1/2x3 1/2x2 pan.  Bake until you can insert a toothpick near the middle and it comes out clean.  Cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment