Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sante Fe' Soup

 You can use beef or chicken.  I always use chicken.

7 to 8 chicken strips (frozen)
1 large onion chopped
2 pkgs dry hidden valley ranch dressing mix (I use one)
2 pkgs taco seasoning mix (I use one and low sodium)
2 11oz cans white corn
2 cups water
1 16oz can each of: black beans, pinto beans and kidney beans
1 14.5oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 10oz can of diced tomatoes and chilies (I use rotel)

Put everything in crock pot and let cook on low for 8 hours.  Don't drain any of the cans.  It it a thick soup but if you think it's too thick you can add a little more water or chicken broth.

 It can be done on the stove as well if you don't have time for the crock pot.  Just cook the chicken first, then add everything else and cook simmering for 2 hours. Before you serve, shred chicken and put back in.

Serve with sour cream, green onions and grated cheese. You can eat plain also.  I usually eat with scoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment