Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Creamy Baked Spaghetti

I got a little fancy with this post!!

I LOVE spaghetti!  That and pizza, I think I could eat every day or every other day.  But I get tired of the traditional spaghetti and baked spaghetti.  So I did some looking around on Pinterest, yes I'm addicted!  I found a really good recipe and I just so happen to have most of the ingredients.  About 4 years ago I started to make my spaghetti with sausage.  It gives it a nice kick in flavor and we really like it.  I use Jimmy Dean regular or when I'm in NC, Bass Sausage regular.  If you like sausage you should give it a try one time.

So the recipe I found that I am going to share with you added another twist that I would have never thought about.  Cream Cheese.  It made it so creamy, hence the name I gave it.  Here are the ingredients.

1lb Sausage-regular
8 oz of spaghetti noodles
1 jar of spaghetti sauce- favorite brand
1 package of cream cheese- I used fat free
1 Ttablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon milk
1/2 onion-chopped
1 bell pepper-chopped-any color
Parmesan cheese

*the original recipe called for french onions to be placed on top about 5 minutes left to cook, but I omitted them.*


Cook noodles, drain.

Cook sausage, drain.




Dice onion and peppers

I use Ragu and Fat free cream cheese

1- Cook noodles and sausage.  Drain each.
2- While they are cooking, dice your onion and peppers.
3- In a small bowl, combine your butter, onions and peppers.  Cover and place in microwave for 3 minutes.
4- Pour spaghetti sauce in with sausage after you have drained it.  Let it heat for about 3 minutes.
5- Take bowl of veggies out and add cream cheese and milk.  Mix until all of the cheese is melted.
6- In a baking dish layer as this.



Add a little sauce to bottom of dish



Add  all of the noodles on top of sauce



Add cream cheese/veggie mixture on top of noodles



Cover with rest of sauce and Parmesan cheese

Place in oven at 350 degrees and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.





Take out and ENJOY!







No comments:

Post a Comment